Key Account Development Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois is the integrated business manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity, and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot is operating a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers, social responsibility and the state at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. Camelot is committed to building a progressive organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Retail Sales team will implement a comprehensive refresh of the in-store experience for both customers and consumers. 7,000+ retailers. They will receive transformational sales support reinforced by better products and better media advertising resulting in a transformation of sales performance and overall brand image.
The Key Account Development Manager will be on the front lines of building our key accounts in the retail network. This role will research and consult with retailers, contact the decision makers, and show them how Camelot Illinois can benefit their business. The KAD Manager will have daily sales activities like phone/email outreach, networking, setting appointments, researching prospects, and tracking leads throughout the sales cycle. This is a great opportunity to leverage your sales skills to make an impact on our growth immediately. Plus, you’ll be selling retail businesses exactly what they already want: more business.
- Generate new business opportunities through prospecting, qualifying, relationship building, and other sales techniques within our core target audience.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Display a thorough understanding of assigned targets and Camelot’s competitive advantages.
- Listen to, identify and understand prospects’ viewpoint and tailor communication to meet prospect needs and expectations.
- Meet and Exceed sales goals.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Be the market expert: gather retailer feedback, monitor competitor activity, marketing opportunities, and provide recommendations for improvement to management.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to continue to enhance the company’s performance.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales or related business field is required.
- 3-5 years of a successful Account Management experience with HQ and/or independent retail, preferably in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG).
- Proven history of generating new business.
- High level of self-discipline for daily sales activities like phone/email outreach, setting appointments, researching prospects, and tracking leads throughout the sales cycle.
- Experience using a consultative approach to solve problems.
- Proven skills in networking, meeting people and building relationships.
- Collaborative and a team player, yet also able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Good communicator: strong writer, listens well, speaks articulately, and comfortable leading presentations.
- Exceptional research, analytical, presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Results-and detail-oriented
- The ability to work in a fast-paced performance driven environment
- The ability to work in a team environment and follow proven processes
- Learns quickly, naturally looks for ways to contribute, and shows a high degree of responsibility.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We’re a creative group of people at Camelot Illinois, passionate about our work. We are not interested in formality or too much hierarchy. We like to bring the best ideas forward as quickly as possible. We’re proud that we provide a lively and challenging environment for our teams to try new ideas and achieve their potential. If this sounds like a company you would thrive in, get in touch!
We want people who thrive in a casual, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.