Key Account Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois is the integrated business manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity, and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot is operating a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers, social responsibility and the state at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. Camelot is committed to building a progressive organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Retail Sales team will implement a comprehensive refresh of the in-store experience for both customers and consumers. 7,000+ retailers. They will receive transformational sales support reinforced by better products and better media advertising resulting in a transformation of sales performance and overall brand image.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and delivery of the retail sales strategy for growing business across multiple accounts. The role will plan and implement programs to specific accounts, cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities and account management skills are critical. This role reports to the Key Account Director.
- Generate profitable sales by selling solutions that meet the customer's needs by developing and implementing strategies for assigned key accounts.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline effectively, identifying the biggest and most likely opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Build effective proposals, based on customer needs, consumer insights and the customer's decision criteria.
- Assists in the delivery of the end to end retailer experience within multiple accounts.
- Provide feedback and insight based on market and retailer analysis, to ensure that the retail strategy reflects the major market trends.
- Lead internal cross-functional work teams and influence across the business.
- Assist the Key Account Director in complex customer negotiations across a broad range of senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Take accountability for delivering against sales targets.
- Project management of relevant key strategic projects including defining, planning, budget control, timeline management, implementation, evaluation.
- Attend external conferences and events, staying up to date with the latest thinking in the channel.
- Build strategic relationships with decision makers in assigned accounts.
- Assists in the Annual Key Account Planning process.
- Partnering with field sales leadership to maximize the potential of all assigned key accounts at store level.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 2-5 years of sales experience required with a demonstration of territory management resulting in profitable volume, customer penetration, attainment of new customers and growth preferably in a CPG or retail environment. .
- Proven track record securing new key accounts and growing key account sales.
- Proven ability to manage retailer relationships at local, regional and national level.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience dealing with major multiple retailers.
- Proven understanding of retailer needs, business strategy and operations.
- Proven ability to analyze financial and business performance providing insight and recommendations to customers and decision makers.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous experience utilizing systems for tracking and recording sales, effective business planning, category management and data-driven strategy for maintaining current and securing new customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable strategic agility and ability to convert insight into strategies and plans for the channel, as well as executing those plans.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite of products.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We’re a creative group of people at Camelot Illinois, passionate about our work. We are not interested in formality or too much hierarchy. We like to bring the best ideas forward as quickly as possible. We’re proud that we provide a lively and challenging environment for our teams to try new ideas and achieve their potential. If this sounds like a company you would thrive in, get in touch!
We want people who thrive in a casual, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.