Public Affairs Coordinator
About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois.
Camelot's innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
Our Corporate Affairs team will liaise closely with the community, media and the government ensuring our commitment to responsible gaming and the State of Illinois is seen in all aspects of our daily activities.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Public Affairs Coordinator is responsible for driving awareness, event planning and influencing pubic opinion through public relations events and written communication.
- Provide creative input on brand-level content related to Camelot Illinois’ messaging.
- Collaborate with company leadership, marketing team, and other key stakeholders on key projects or events each quarter.
- Stay abreast of internal company marketing initiatives, especially major announcements, content creation and events.
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators and design teams for on-site collateral.
- Collaborate with prominent client stakeholders, including executives, to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
- Create and maintain media lists for targeted communications to press contacts including long lead, short lead, bloggers and social influencers.
- Assist with drafting press materials including media alerts, press releases and marketing materials to support product launches/collaborations.
- Engage with local press contacts in key markets to support events.
- Assist with reporting documents and distribution of results from PR campaigns with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends for key projects and events.
- Other administrative/support duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- 2 plus years of public affairs related coordination experience.
- Previous experience in a similar marketing, administrative or public relations role.
- Ability to handle sensitive or proprietary company information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to manage multi-stakeholder projects while delivering high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of the power of social media and potentially has already cultivated relationships with social influencers or bloggers.
- Proactive, flexible, self-reliant, problem solver, results-oriented.
- Great communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.