Procurement Manager/Contract Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the state of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Finance team will be a model of transparency and collaboration with strategic planning and forecasting at the core of all cross-functional commercial decision making.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Procurement/Contract Manager reports to the Director of Procurement under the leadership of the Vice President of Finance. The person in this position assists the Director in the implementation of policies and procedures by which contacts are established and contracts are approved. Established standards of good business practice, sound fiscal management and protection of the assets of the Illinois Lottery (and Camelot Illinois) are used as the criterion for approval of contractual arrangements.
- Review and draft contracts (various related: including master services agreements, purchase orders, etc.)
- Evaluate the contractual provisions for the benefit of the Illinois Lottery, Camelot and the vendor
- Negotiate all business terms and conditions and the execution of contracts that include, but are not limited to: non-disclosure agreements, purchase orders, sub-contracts, consulting agreements, licensing agreements, master services agreements, review of vendor-proposed terms and conditions, and statements of work according to the requirements of the State of Illinois
- Review all contracts with the Director of Procurement
- Review the legal terms and conditions with Camelot’s General Counsel and/or outside legal counsel
- Serve as the point of contact for internal stakeholders and vendors on contractual matters. Act as the contractual “middleman” between employees and vendors, ensuring the timely review and approval and reconciliation of variations
- Contribute to the creation of procurement contracts and forms templates
- Provide recommendations and negotiate directly with vendors and/or sales vendor contracts staff until consensus has been reached. The execution of contracts includes, but is not limited to : secure vendor signatures on contracts, then monitor attainment of Camelot’s signatures.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence and notification of renewals
- Manage contractual changes; status reports and other documents as necessary in collaboration with the Director of Procurement
- Resolve project-related vendor performance violations of contractual scopes of work with Camelot’s relationship managers
- Train other operational staff on terms and conditions of contracts relevant to their operation, including relevant elements of scopes of work
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures for procurement services as well as contract management and administration in compliance with the State of Illinois requirements and Camelot’s policy
- Ensure that contracts are signed and executed, and signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness to support interpretation and implementation
- Collaborate with the Director of Procurement in ongoing contract related issue management and change management
- Seven (7) or more years of directly related work experience performing duties as described above
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply contracts and the State of Illinois procurement regulations
- Demonstrated competency in procurement and strategic sourcing to achieve cost savings
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, contract management, procurement, or a related field from an accredited university
- Flexible and collaborative team player
- Comfort managing change and multiple projects at one time
- Ability to build and foster positive relationships
- MBA from an accredited university
Working For Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.