Associate Marketing Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois is the integrated business manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity, and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot is operating a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers, social responsibility and the state at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. Camelot is committed to building a progressive organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Marketing and Digital function will lead a program to establish the Illinois Lottery brand through innovative, insight-led programs such as a new mobile first consumer experience, exciting games, social media and original advertising campaigns.
The Associate Marketing Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and timely implementation of creative, strategic and thoughtful communication and experiences that promote the Illinois Lottery portfolio. This individual will work cross-functionally with the Brand Management and Media teams and external agency partners to ensure executional success and alignment on all consumer-centric programming strategies and respective budgets.
- Assist with day-to-day activities that support strategic marketing and media plans for above-the-line and below-the-line consumer communication/advertising, ensuring timely coordination between brand, creative, media teams and agencies.
- Lead tactical internal campaign briefing process from brief through plan approval, managing timelines, approvals and delivering one-voice feedback to agency partners as needed at each stage.
- Lead media & creative campaign stage gate process, tracking progress, managing approvals and delivering one-voice feedback to agency partners at each stage.
- Work closely with the media and creative agency to secure deliverables, including but not limited to campaign timelines, production estimates/schedules, and trafficking schedules/reports.
- Ensure collaboration between media agency and Camelot’s Insights team to ensure appropriate evaluation of campaign effectiveness in post reports.
- Coordinate the development of bi-weekly performance reports, flowcharts, campaign post reports.
- Assist with budget management, PO creation, and invoice processes for agencies and marketing vendors. Liaise between agencies, CIL Finance and outside suppliers as necessary for billing issues plus dispute resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- 3 year minimum experience in the marketing industry (client-side and/or media/creative agency environment preferred)
- Proven understanding of how consumer marketing communications can contribute to a company’s bottom line
- Exposure to creative development with a base understanding of the process from creative brief to finished advertising
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and work out complex situations
- Ability to lead and operate in ambiguity
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, proofreading and editing skills
- Fosters open, honest and direct communication while maintaining sensitivity to confidential information
- Demonstrates professional maturity and a genuine desire and passion for the Lottery business
Working For Camelot Illinois
WHY WORK FOR US
We’re a creative group of people at Camelot Illinois, passionate about our work. We are not interested in formality or too much hierarchy. We like to bring the best ideas forward as quickly as possible. We’re proud that we provide a lively and challenging environment for our teams to try new ideas and achieve their potential. If this sounds like a company you would thrive in, get in touch!
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.